Perfect for grass-roots level riders and just as green, the KTM SX-E 3 breaks ground at the leading edge of all-electric mini-cross. Aimed at absolute beginners, the KTM SX-E 3 slides into the range below the more powerful KTM SX-E 5 with an ever more user-friendly package. Lower power output, battery capacity, and smaller wheels make it the ideal choice for the youngest of riders finding their feet - and throttle.
Bodyworks & Graphics
- DECALS: The 2023 KTM SX-E 3 features the latest in-mold graphics, with a bold orange and blue design that perfectly sets off the factory-look orange frame, orange seat and race-sharpened bodywork.
- FRAME: The KTM SX-E 3 has a modern frame design that is made of lightweight, high-strength chromium-molybdenum steel profiles and combines maximum longitudinal stiffness with optimum torsional rigidity. The subframe is made of lightweight, fiber-glass reinforced extruded plastic elements, which can be mounted in two positions for different seat heights.
- WHEELS: The KTM SX-E 3 is fitted with 10" wheels front and rear, and just like the bigger machines, these lightweight, black anodized, aluminum rims provide the highest strength and durability. These are wrapped in new MAXXIS MX-ST tires, to provide unmatched traction on any surface.
- FRONT SUSPENSION: Featuring advanced suspension technology, the KTM SX-E 3 is fitted with non-adjustable upside-down WP XACT 35mm forks. Class-leading in their own right, the forks provide exceptional damping and comfort characteristics allowing the rider to push their limit with complete confidence, while the 144 mm of wheel travel means the limit is a far way off indeed.
- REAR SUSPENSION: The non-adjustable, high-quality WP monoshock is linked directly to the swingarm and is perfectly matched to the front suspension, providing excellent damping performance. The shock absorber also allows for 133 mm of rear-wheel travel, providing advanced comfort on all terrains.
- BRAKES: Featuring the same level of technology offered on the full-size motocross range, the KTM SX-E 3 is fitted with hydraulically operated brake calipers and wavy discs front and rear. The hand-actuated system ensures advanced brake feeling and stopping performance in all conditions while allowing young riders a more natural way of getting to grips with the brakes.
- MOTOR: This fully electric, battery-powered air-cooled permanent magnet motor produces a healthy 3.9 kW, featuring an extremely compact and slim design that perfectly matches the KTM SX-E 3's smaller chassis. It's also dust and waterproof which makes it wear and maintenance-free, while the integrated control unit (ECU) guarantees a direct, but very controllable power delivery.
Ergonomics & Comfort
- HANDLEBAR: The KTM SX-E 3 uses high-quality tapered NEKEN handlebars, made of aluminum alloy ensuring top stability and safety. Its diameter tapers from 28 mm in the central area, to 22 mm in the bends, to 18 mm in the handhold area. This allows for a thinner lock-on ODI grip to be mounted on the left side while the right side features a newly developed throttle assembly with a vulcanized ODI grip, specifically developed for the electronic drive. An additional crash pad on the handlebar brace protects the rider from rough contact.
- SEAT HEIGHT: The seat height on the KTM SX-E 3 can be adjusted to multiple levels. The standard setting is at a seat height of 600 mm, which can easily be reduced to 555 mm in two easy steps by lowering the bodywork and seat and mounting the shock absorber in an alternative position. The front fork can also be lowered in the triple clamps.
Software & Electronics
- BATTERY: The KTM SX-E 3 is fitted with 60 modern lithium-ion cells in a robust die-cast aluminum casing mounted just above the motor, storing 648 Wh of energy. This allows more than two hours of riding for a beginner, with even the fastest young riders only able to deplete the battery in around 30 minutes. And should you want more time between charges, the battery can be upgraded to the SX-E 5 battery with 907 Wh.
- CHARGER: The external worldwide charger supplying up to 900 W can be connected to any 110 or 230 volt socket and plugs directly into the battery back for easy charging. Charging time 0 - 80% = 35 minutes. Charging time 0 - 100% = 70 minutes.
- RIDE MODES: A multifunctional instrument display is located between the steering head and seat. Here, the user can select between the six different ride modes. Each mode offers different power characteristics suited for pure beginners all the way up to experienced racers. The instrument also displays the remaining charge of the battery.
- SAFETY: The KTM SX-E 3 is fitted with a rollover sensor that cuts off the power in the event of a fall, while a wrist lanyard cut-off key stops the motor in the event of an uncontrollable riding scenario. For further safety measures, the ride modes can be locked and saved with a dongle located below the seat. This prevents younger, less experienced riders from changing to more powerful ride modes on their own.
Front / Rear - 160 mm Disc
5.9 in. (152 mm)
21.6 in. (555 mm)
Traction - Lithium-ion
48 V - BLDC motor with outer rotor
Charging Power - 900 W
Charging Line Voltage - 80-240 V / 50-60 Hz
100 % - 60 min.
Rated - 2 kW / 3,200 rpm
Chrome-molybdenum steel central-tube
XACT 35 WP Upside-Down fork, Ø 35 mm
Travel - 5.67 in. (144 mm)
Travel - 5.24 in. (133 mm)